A new police and fire community hub for people living in Oundle has been officially opened.
The historic Fletton House building, which was built as an infirmary in 1900 but is now owned by Oundle Town Council, has recently undergone a major refurbishment programme and now provides a home for a wide range of community groups as well as the police and fire officers.
The police and fire hub inside the building was officially opened by Assistant Chief Constable Rachel Swann and the former High Sherriff of Northamptonshire, Anne Burnett.
ACC Swann told Connect FM: “This new facility gives the people of Oundle access to the police and fire services in a building which is also home to a number of other facilities and agencies, such as Oundle Town Council and East Northamptonshire Council.”
Fletton House is also opposite the existing Oundle police station, which will remain an operational base for officers in the town.