Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service is urging the public to help them prevent elderly and vulnerable peoples homes going up in flames.
The appeal`s being made after two fatal fires at the weekend.
The first, on Saturday (Nov 21), looks to have been caused by an electric blanket which had been placed on a reclining chair. The second, on Sunday morning (Nov 22), is also believed to have started accidentally in a cupboard under the stairs.
Elderly residents with mobility issues or other illnesses or disabilities are at greater risk from fire as their reactions are slower, they may have difficulty escaping due to mobility problems, or they may become confused.
CFRS is urging people to refer family members or neighbours for a risk assessment, or to offer support and advice, and install suitable smoke alarms or other equipment necessary.
Further advice about staying safe from fire in the home can be found on the CFRS website HERE