Woman escapes house fire

Connect FM
Woman escapes house fire

A woman’s escaped a kitchen fire at her home in Peterborough.

Crews from Dogsthorpe and Stanground attended the blaze – in Garton End Road, Dogsthorpe.

The woman – who was awake at the time – smelled smoke before the one alarm in the property went off.

Station Commander Lynn Betteridge told Connect FM: “This resident was very lucky to safely get out of the house in time. One working smoke alarm was fitted in the property on the first floor however the resident, who was awake, smelt the fire before the alarm even went off. This is why we highly recommend homeowners fit working smoke alarms on each floor of their property to give the earliest possible warning to get out, stay out and call 999.”

The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental, involving a household appliance.

Comments are closed.

Latest

More