Council to launch review into councils

Connect FM
Council to launch review into councils

Northamptonshire County Council`s launching an independent review into how the seven borough and district local authorities in Northants are set up.

They`ll also be looking into the options for them to become  unitary authorities.

Earlier this month the council welcomed a call by MPs to review the current two-tier council structure which sees 80% of public services and associated expenditure delivered by the county council, with the remaining 20% split among seven district and borough councils.

The council will now work with the University of Northampton and will employ internationally leading governance and economic experts to assess the options and advise on the best way forward.

Comments are closed.

Latest

More