Fire caused by unattended incense sticks

Connect FM
Fire caused by unattended incense sticks

At 2.42pm on Saturday (12) one crew from Whittlesey and one crew from the Peterborough Volunteers Fire Brigade, along with a crew from Market Deeping in Lincolnshire, were called to a fire on Lincoln Road in New England, Peterborough.

Firefighters arrived to find a fire in a property and extinguished it using water. They returned to their station by 4.10pm.

A fire service spokesman said: “The fire was started by incense sticks that had been left unattended.

“Incense and candles can be dangerous if left so always ensure to place them in a draught-free area, away from curtains, furniture or other flammable surfaces. Also leave plenty of space around the area and make sure the surface is flat and stable.”

Visit the home safety pages of our website for further safety tips.
– See more at: http://www.cambsfire.gov.uk/news-and-incidents/house-fire-new-england-3055.aspx#sthash.Dati5YlJ.dpuf

Comments

Leave a Reply

Latest

More