People are being invited to have their say on the second phase of proposals announced in Northamptonshire County Council’s draft budget for the next two years.
Plans include a council tax increase of almost 5 five per cent including the 3 per cent social care precept and savings totalling more than 24 and a half million pounds.
A number of consultation events are taking place across Northants from the new year.
People can take part in the consultation in the following ways:
- Completing the online survey at www.northamptonshire.gov.uk/draftbudget
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Writing to Draft Budget And Council Plan Consultation, Northamptonshire County Council, One Angel Square, Northampton, NN1 1ED
- Using social media: Tweeting @mycountycouncil or posting comments on the county council Facebook page www.facebook.com/mycountycouncil
- Signing or submitting a petition or e-petition
Customer and user groups will also be able to hold their own discussions by using the information available on the draft budget and council plan consultation webpage and sending back the feedback form
There will also be a series of public events taking place where people can speak to members and officers from the county council and take part in the consultation.
These events are:
- Thursday 4th January, 4pm to 7.30pm – Daventry Library, North Street
- Saturday 6th January, 1pm to 4.30pm – Northampton Central Library, Abington Street
- Tuesday 9th January, 4pm to 7.30pm – Drovers Hall, London Road, Kettering
- Wednesday 10th January, 4pm to 7.30pm – Ashgrove Day Centre, Foskett Close, Rushden
The consultation will end on 30th January 2018.