The ambulance service that covers Peterborough & Cambridgeshire is urging people to make sure their homes are easily identifiable from the roads – in a bid to improve response times.
The East of England Ambulance Service has six tips which are below;
– Make sure the house number is large enough and in a place where it can be seen from the road
– If possible, place the house name or number on a wall or gate post next to the road as well as on the door
– Cut back foliage regularly so the front of the property can be seen
– Ensure the number or name stands out – black on white or vice versa is best
– When waiting for a response, leave hazard lights on a car parked in the drive or on the road, and switch on any outside lights on the property
– Obtain your home’s map grid reference and have it handy in case of emergency