This Christmas, Connect FM and Nene Valley Railway are giving you the chance to win a wonderful trip on the Santa Special!
You and 5 friends will join Santa on the 2.15pm train on Wednesday 21st December. You’ll enjoy a luxury compartment and be served lunch as you travel. Children will get a gift before boarding the train and there’ll be extra drinks and treats on the journey. Adults will be looked after too with a mince pie and a little festive tipple to enjoy as you watch the scenery go by! It’s a wonderful treat for the family worth £225!
Like to get on board? Make sure you tune in to Daniel Fox after 2pm during the week beginning Monday 5th December, to find out how you can win and for more information about the Nene Valley Railway Santa Special trips, visit their website here
In addition to the usual Connect FM Terms and Conditions, the following apply for this promotion:
- The prize is for a group of up to 6 people to ride in a luxury compartment on board the Santa Special train departing at 2.15pm on Wednesday 21st December. No alternative date or time will be offered.
- NVR suggest that the winner arrives one hour before departure.
- All the Santa Trains depart from and return to Wansford and cannot stop at any stations along the line to collect passengers
- The group will be provided with lunch and drinks and there is a vegatarian option if required.
- Children in the group will see Santa to receive a gift before everybody gets onto the train, in addition to the Lunch served in the compartment the children will be spoiled with further drinks and treats on the journey
- Adults will be offered a mince pie and a ‘proper’ drink (if they’ve got room after the lunch!).
- For full information about the journey, visit the NVR website here
The Nene Valley Railway offers a superb day out for all the family from 5s to 95s!
Step back in time as you climb aboard a heritage steam or diesel train. Relax in our restored wooden panelled coaches or compartments and be taken back to the heyday of the golden age of steam.
The line travels through our tunnel, built in 1845, to the country station at Yarwell on the Northamptonshire border. Use the train as a base to explore stations at Wansford, Ferry Meadows with its country park, Orton Mere and its riverside walks and lakes, and the station in Peterborough where you can take time to explore the Cathedral, resting place of Katherine of Aragon and former resting place of Mary Queen of Scots, which dates back to 654 AD.
NVR are based near Peterborough, close to the boundaries of Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Rutland and Cambridgeshire, the railway’s proximity to both the A1 and A47 means it is within easy reach of the Midlands and beyond. They run a regular steam train service and occasional diesel hauled services.