Connect FM is proud to support the Cransley Hospice Road Races this year. Come along on Sunday 17th September and help raise vital funds for this very special place. Liz and Mark will be there along with Team Connect and there’s still time to take part…
CRANSLEY HOSPICE will be marking it’s 20th anniversary in 2018 and provides specialist palliative care to the people of North Northamptonshire. All services are free of charge for the local community. Last year Cransley Hospice at Home nurses made over 1100 home visits and over 200 patients were cared for by the Hospice. It’s a big task – the Fundraising Team need to raise £1.4 million this year.
Road Races 2017
For more information and registration click here
Junior Run registration is in Village Hall. Entries taken on the day. Ages 9-14.
Route is a lap of Cranford Village. Introduces young people to running. We hope to see some of them in the 10k in years to come.
10K AND HALF MARATHON
Online entries taken up until Friday 8th September, after that runners can register on the day (£2 extra).
The route starts with a short tour of the village of Cranford before heading on an out and back route taking in the surrounding Northamptonshire Countryside.
Runners will head-off from Church Lane in the heart of the village, should supporters wish to come and cheer the runners on, good cheering spots are the High Street, Grafton Road, and the finish line!
ONLINE ENTRY FEES
10k – £19
Half Marathon £20
£2 reduction if affiliated with a running club.
Online entries taken until 8th September. £2 extra to enter on the day.
Refreshments will be available from 0900 in the event field, including tea, coffee, cold drinks, bacon rolls. Sufficient parking and toilets close to finish area. Weather permitting, a bouncy castle and ice cream van will be provided.
- Expecting over 400 runners of all ages – oldest runner is in his 80’s!
- Western Power Distribution have a team over 25 runners who committed to getting fit earlier in the year in preparation for the 10k.
- Runners in all races receive a medal. Fastest in each category receive a trophy.
For more information, click here
EVENT: Cransley Hospice Road Race, sponsored by Western Power Distribution
DATE: Sunday 17th September 2017
TIMINGS: Registration opens at 0900, Junior Run starts at 1015, 10k and Half Marathon at 1100.
VENUE: Cranford Village, Kettering
RECOGNITION & THANKS
- Western Power Distribution for sponsoring this year’s event meaning every penny raised from the 2017 will go directly to patient care.
- Ted Barton, of Kettering Town Harriers for approaching Cransley’s Fundraising Team 16 years ago with a view to introducing a road race.
- Kettering Town Harriers and Wellingborough Athletics Club for their support in organising the event and in particular on race day.
- Kettering Borough Council and Northamptonshire Police for their support and advice.
- Local representatives from the Rotary and Lions communities, whom without their support with marshalling, the event would not happen.
- Residents of Cranford who not only give up their village for the day, but come along to help at water stations and marshalling the route.
- Sir John for allowing us to use the land.