Northamptonshire Police are warning revellers to avoid getting involved in drunken violence over the Easter weekend.
The force says one punch can lead to someone being killed.
In Wellingborough, door staff have been issued with breathalysers.
The appeal is part of the “One Punch Can Kill” campaign.
Northamptonshire Police say it’s committed to tackling violent crime and will continue its efforts to reduce the numbers of victims.
Some tips for people heading out this weekend:
- Know your limits and stay in control
- Avoid drinking in rounds, it s easy to have too much when you re drinking with others
- Recognise when it s time to slow down – maybe alternate between alcoholic and soft drinks
- Stick with your friends and look out for each other
- Walk away from arguments and confrontation – if it persists seek out a door staff or a police officer