Cambridgeshire Police has awarded more than ten thousand pounds to projects supporting young people in the county.
Police and Crime Commissioner Jason Abelwhite’s announced the latest round of money from the youth fund.
Six groups will share the pot and they are:
· The Froglife Trust to run a 10 week course for young people and families to attend activities and volunteer at wildlife projects;
· The Green Backyard CIO to provide volunteering opportunities for young people at the community garden by developing a site in Peterborough;
· Stretham Youth Club to provide social and volunteering opportunities for young people living with a disability;
· Fusion Youth Projects to run a weekly youth club in North Huntingdon to raise awareness amongst vulnerable primary school children;
· The Kite Trust to run a peer group promoting understanding of healthy and consenting relationships; and
· Young People of the Year to recruit 30 young people to do weekly visits to a care home local to their school.