Bring on the bangers…and the Roman Candles and the Catherine Wheels! Win tickets for two huge firework events that Connect FM is proud to support and tell us about your event too!
Other Firework Displays
Follow the Firework Code
We want you to enjoy fireworks whether you go to an organised event like the ones Connect FM supports above or if you have some fireworks at home.
Please remember to follow the fireworks code from RoSPA : The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents
Only adults should deal with setting up firework displays, the lighting of fireworks and the safe disposal of fireworks once they have been used (and remember, alcohol and fireworks don’t mix!). Children and young people should be supervised, and watch and enjoy fireworks at a safe distance. Follow these top 10 tips for a safer fireworks party:
- Plan your firework display to make it safe and enjoyable, and ensure it finishes before 11pm
- Only buy fireworks which carry the CE mark, keep them in a closed box and use them one at a time
- Read and follow the instructions on each firework using a torch if necessary
- Light the firework at arm’s length with a taper and stand well back
- Keep naked flames, including cigarettes, away from fireworks
- Never return to a firework once it has been lit
- Don’t put fireworks in pockets and never throw them
- Direct any rocket fireworks well away from spectators
- Never use paraffin or petrol on a bonfire
- Make sure that the fire is out and surroundings are made safe before leaving.