It’s time to start your adventure with Renault Kadjar and Connect FM with Smiths Motor Group, Peterborough!
The Kadjar is the only SUV you’ll ever need and, to celebrate, we’re giving you the chance to find your perfect adventure! Have a look at the amazing adventure packages we’ve lined up…from the biggest ZIP WIRE in Europe to WHITE WATER RAFTING, the 3 PEAKS CHALLENGE or STATIC LINE PARACHUTING! Choose your perfect adventure from this bunch and you could WIN IT!
Look out too for our special Renault Kadjar out and about around Peterborough and START YOUR ADVENTURE!
You could have all sorts of adventures in the Renault Kadjar. As most models have Satellite Navigation as standard…finding your adventure should be easy! Some models even park themselves when you get there! Plus there’s the choice of two wheel or four wheel drive and Bluetooth is standard to keep in touch.
If that’s not enough…selected models have a Bose sound system incorporated too. Perfect for the soundtrack of your life…and your adventure!
Look out for Team Connect out and about in our special “Start Your Adventure” Renault Kadjar. They’ll be at the Peterborough Dragon Boat Festival on Saturday 10th June and Serpentine Green Shopping Centre on Saturday 24th June
Here’s your choice of 4 fantastic adventures. Have a look and choose one. You might win it! Entry is via the form below. Get your entry to us by midnight on Saturday 24th June.
Zip World Titan Experience in the Snowdonia National Park
Combine a once-in-a-lifetime adrenaline experience with majestic scenery at one of the UK’s most incredible National Parks, and enjoy a night’s bed and breakfast in a welcoming nearby hotel for two. See Snowdonia National Park from a completely new perspective when you visit the largest zip zone in the world – you’ll descend three incredible zip lines together, soaring over 8km of beautiful Welsh countryside enjoying unrivalled views of mountains, moors and mines! A novel way to explore this beautiful area, your experience also includes a night at the Royal Victoria Hotel, set at the foot of Snowdonia. This grand hotel is set in 30 acres of private garden and woodland, including the historic ruins of Dolbadam Castle, so there’s plenty to see and some fabulous photo opportunities – and you’ll enjoy breakfast together in the morning, too.
White Water Rafting Group Experience at the Nene Whitewater Centre
Under the supervision of an experienced raft guides,you and up to 5 crew mates, will paddle an inflatable raft down our 300 metre, man-made whitewater course. Equipment will be provided!
The Yorkshire 3 Peak Challenge for 2
Push yourselves to the limit and find out if you can climb three of the UK’s highest peaks in less than 12 hours with the demanding Yorkshire Three Peaks Challenge for two. This tough and rewarding trek is your chance to scale Pen-y-ghent, Whernside and Ingleborough, and this weekend package includes two nights in a comfortable hostel near the challenge start point with breakfast each morning, a packed lunch for the trek and a meal to celebrate completion! During the trek you’ll have a guide by your side every step of the way and transfers provided between each peak, meaning you’ll be able to focus on taking in your beautiful surroundings and on tackling the 1,600 metres of ascent and descent
Static Line Parachuting for 2 in Nottinghamshire
They say that the first solo parachute jump is always the one you remember the most. There is no chance of you forgetting this opportunity. This splendid package puts you on a two day tuition course at the end of which you will make a solo parachute jump. The first day you’ll do both theoretical and practical sessions on a range of subjects – safety regulation, sky diving techniques, steering, landing and many others in order to prepare you for the jump ahead. On the second day you’ll be taken up to 3000ft, the aeroplane door will be opened and you will launch yourself into the void. The static line will release the parachute and you will drift slowly to earth, admiring the beautiful view and the complete tranquility as you do so.
Images and wording for Zip World Titan Experience, Yorkshire 3 Peak Challenge & Static Line Parachuting courtesy of https://www.buyagift.co.uk/
As well as the usual Connect FM Terms & Conditions, the following apply for this promotion:
- Choose your favourite adventure from the list above. One winner will be picked at random from all the entries submitted before the closing date. The winner will the adventure listed above of their choice. No alternative will be offered.
- The closing date for entries is midnight on Saturday 24th June 2017.
- Entry is via this web page and via Team Connect. Team Connect will be taking entries at the Peterborough Dragon Boat Festival on Saturday 10th June and at Serpentine Green Shopping Centre on Saturday 24th June
- Individual Terms and Conditions apply to all the adventures offered as prizes. They include [but are not restricted to the following]. Please make sure you know what to expect from the adventure you choose:
Zip World Titan Experience
- An exhilarating Zip World Titan experience for two people – soar over the moors, mountains and mines of the beautiful Welsh countryside as you fly along three fantastic zip lines stretching over 8km of cable
- An overnight stay in a standard room at the nearby Royal Victoria Snowdonia hotel, wonderfully located at the foot of Snowdonia
- Your stay will include breakfast in the morning
- You will receive two vouchers – both vouchers are valid for 10 months for two people
- This experience is available week-round, however there is a £15 supplement applicable for Saturday stays at the Royal Victoria hotel from April to September
- Mininum height for the Zip World experience is 4ft, maximum height is 6ft6
- Minimum weight is 30kg, maximum weight is 120kg
- Minimum age is 7 years
- Due to the type of activity, medical conditions e.g. heart condition, claustrophobia or epilepsy may increase the chance of being involved in an incident, resulting in injury to the person or others
- Unfortunately for persons with special needs or during pregnancy, this activity is not suitable for safe participation
What do I need to know?
- Zip World participants will be supplied with a flying suit to wear that is wind and shower proof. Helmets and goggles will also be supplied
- It is essential to bring warm clothing and a waterproof coat (and ideally waterproof trousers)
- All dates are subject to availability
- If the Zipline experience is postponed due to adverse weather conditions, you will be able to reschedule within 12 months but won’t be entitled to a refund. Should your initial booking be cancelled you will need to contact the Hotel and may need to make alternative accommodation arrangements for your re-booked experience
White Water Rafting
Under the supervision of one of our experienced raft guides you, and up to 5 crew mates, will paddle an inflatable raft down our 300 metre, man-made whitewater course. This session includes a safety briefing, and a chance to practise the necessary techniques on flatwater, prior to the first of several descents of the rapids. It is therefore suitable for both complete beginners and those wishing to improve their skills on the whitewater. You will be provided with a wetsuit, buoyancy aid, helmet and paddle for use during this activity.
Duration: 2 hours
All under 18’s need to provide a completed Parental/Guardian Consent form
Session start times:
Saturday – 10am, 12:30pm & 3pm
Sunday – 10am & 12:30pm
The Yorkshire Three Peaks Weekend Challenge
This package is for two people. Minimum age is 15. This package includes the following for both participants – two nights’ accommodation in a hostel near the start location (the night before and the night of the challenge), breakfast each morning, a packed lunch on the day and a three-course meal and celebratory glass of fizz on completion of the challenge. All participants are advised to train for the event as a decent level of fitness is required. The event is fully guided by qualified mountain leaders who will ensure your safety and give you the best chance of completing this challenge. Don’t forget to wear warm clothes, sturdy boots, a head torch and a hat and gloves – please check with the supplier for a full kit list. Hot/cold drinks and water refills will be provided at checkpoints. All dates are subject to availability
Static Line Parachuting
- Full 2 day static line parachute jumping course and jump
- Day 1 – Theoretical and practical sessions on safety regulation education, skydiving techniques, landing, secondary ‘chute training etc
- Day 2 – 3000ft Static line solo parachute jump
- All safety and protective equipment
- Your voucher is valid for 10 months for one person
- This experience is available all year round
- You must pre-book a date for your jump
- Min. age is 16 years
- All under 18’s require permission from a parent or guardian to jump
- Over 40’s require a doctor’s signature on the Declaration of Fitness to Parachute in order to jump
- No person over the age of 50 years will normally be accepted for parachute training. Exceptions to this rule may be allowed if the candidate either has previous experience or is of a high standard of fitness and can convince the Instructor of that fitness
- This experience is not suitable for anyone who suffers from any of the following conditions: Epilepsy, fits, severe head injury, recurrent blackouts or giddiness, disease of the brain or nervous system, high blood pressure, heart or lung disease, recurrent weakness or dislocation of any limb, diabetes, mental illness, drug or alcohol addiction, unless you and your Doctor have obtained the prior approval of the Medical Advisor to the British Parachute Association
- If you suffer from the following you should seek medical advice and provide a Declaration of Fitness to Parachute: Previous fractures, back strain, arthritis and severe joint sprains. Chronic bronchitis, Asthma, Rheumatic fever, Pneumothorax, Liver or kidney disease, Thyroid, adrenal or other glandular disorder. Chronic ear or sinus disease or any condition which requires the regular use of drugs. Anaemia or have recently donated blood
- Please inform the operator if you are taking any medication
- If you wish to jump at Nottingham or Cumbria locations you will need to join the BPA at the venue at a cost of £20
- All dates are subject to availability
What do I need to know?
- Please dress appropriately for the weather as there may be no shelter when waiting to jump